Here at Ride, we don’t lie to you. Don’t you hate it when a brochure says we have a short drive and it ends up being 3 hours long? Well, read our full itinerary and we tell you how long the big drives are and grade them for you below.
- Depart Melbourne and head to Tower Hill. (3 hour drive- very boring so talk to your new friends and ask to play cool tunes)
- We will stop along the way for FREE tea, coffee and biscuits.
- Arrive at Tower Hill for Lunch (will stop at shops first so you can buy stuff). Tower Hill is a beautiful sunken volcano home to loads of Kangaroos, Koalas and Emus.
- (In Winter only) After Lunch we head to Logan’s Beach to see whales that come here to nurse their young each winter.
- We then drive for 30 mins to the Great Ocean Road and look at loads of great sights
– Bay of Islands
– Bay of Martyrs
– The Grotto
– London Bridge
(If the weather allows, we have plenty of time for a swim at one of these spots.)
- Then we do something really cool. We will head up to the 12 Apostles for an amazing sunset experience.
- We then wait around 30 minutes to see the penguins returning from their day’s fishing.
- Then it is an easy 10 minute drive to your FREE hostel where we will have our FREE BBQ feast. (In summer time, dinner will be before sunset)
- We leave at 5am after your FREE breakfast. Just kidding, we will leave around 8 and drive 10 mins. to beautiful Loch Ard Gorge.
- Now it’s back to the 12 Apostles to see them again in daylight. Here is also your opportunity for a helicopter flight (optional but highly recommended at $145 for 15 minute flight).
- Then it’s off to Gibson’s Steps to see one of the Apostles from the beach.
- 1 hour drive (lovely- stay awake) follows up towards Maits Rest where we will do a rainforest walk (guided)
- Lunch in awesome seaside town of Apollo Bay.
- Great scenery all afternoon as we wind our way towards Bells’ Beach driving the original stretch of road hugging the ocean all the way (about 2 hours of stunning driving, so no sleeping!!!)
- Visit the “Round the Twist” Lighthouse for our TV-crazed British and Irish backpackers.
- Watch the best surfers showing off at Bells Beach.
- Optional stop at Torquay (home to Rip Curl and Quicksilver) for shopping.
- Back to Melbourne (1½ hour drive- very boring-sleep away). Arrive at approx. 6-7pm
Call 0427180357 to say hello and book your spot!